Monday 2 November 2009

BT Tower - view from the top


Up the BT Tower today, for a work event. The invitation didn't specify which floor, so on my way there it suddenly occurred to me that I might be schlepping into London for a first floor view of a portakabin. Happily not. I was ushered into a lift for a very smooth whizz up to the revolving one-time restaurant on the 34th floor. We were lucky with the weather - the views across London were stunning, and I was able to spend some time (when I should have been listening to the presentations, obviously) observing builders at work on a far below rooftop.
But I did find the revolving aspect slightly disconcerting. Perhaps because it didn't start until two thirds of the way through the event, by which stage I had forgotten about it.
There was a story in the papers today about the restaurant re-opening to the public in 2011 - I asked a BT employee but she said it wasn't true. We shall see.

1 comment:

  1. The view is particularly spectacular.

    I've only been in the Tower once, for a half day conference that was held down on the ground/first floor. But then we whizzed up to the revolving floor for lunch and stood gawking out the windows rather than talking to each other!

    ReplyDelete